VISITORS EXPECTATION FACT SHEET
● All visitors must provide proof of Covid-19 test results. Test must be taken within 7 days of scheduled visit.
● Visitors are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and visitation will be refused if the individual(s) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms or do not pass the screening questions.
● Screening shall consist of both temperature checks and asking screening questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19 which shall include questions regarding international travel or travel to other states designated under the Commissioner’s travel advisory.
● Documentation must include the following for each visitor to the nursing home: first and last name of the visitor; physical (street) address of the visitor; daytime and evening telephone number; date and time of visit; and email address, if available.
● Limited visitation, including, but not limited to, family members, loved ones, representatives from the long-term care ombudsman program (LTCOP).
● No more than 10 percent (10%) of the residents shall have visitors at any one time and only two visitors will be allowed per resident at any one time.
● At this time, visitation is strictly prohibited inside the building.
● Visitation is limited to outdoor areas, weather permitting. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
● Visitors must wear a face mask or face covering which covers both the nose and mouth at all times when on the premises.
● Visitors must maintain social distancing.
● Bayberry will provide alcohol-based hand rub, consisting of at least 60 percent (60%) alcohol, to residents, visitors and representatives of the long-term care ombudsman prior to visiting the residents. Rub hands together using friction.
● Visitation hours are by appointment only. A copy of Bayberry’s formal visitation plan will be posted on the website and broadcasted via email.
● In keeping with New York State Department of Health Directives, the staff is required to monitor the visitation process. If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
© 2020 Bayberry Care Center. Designed by Losmosis Media